Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dog Owners vs. Cyclists

It seems the dog owners in Dallas get priority over cyclists.  People have asked for the bike lane back for years and the City of Dallas will not even put up signs to help protect cyclist on Mockingbird Lane.

Yesterday, I was driving east on Royal and came to the intersection at Royal and Abrams and as I approached Abrams there was a sign that read "Bike Lane Narrows".  No one even know that there is a bike land on Royal because to that point there are no signs or sharrows to let anyone know.  Sharrows if I am spelling it right are the designs painted in biker friendly cities that let people know to anticipate and respect cyclists who may be riding on the road.

I wish I had time enough to ride enough to have this kind of tan line.

No comments: